Aloha Theatre’s upcoming production of Elf the Musical JR is looking for adult volunteers to join their production team!
About Elf the Musical Jr
Based on the cherished New Line Cinema hit, Elf JR. features songs by Tony Award-nominees, Matthew Sklar and Chad Beguelin, with a book by Tony Award-winners, Thomas Meehan and Bob Martin.
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Faced with the harsh reality that his father is on the naughty list and that his half-brother doesn’t even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
This modern-day holiday classic is sure to make every young performer embrace his or her “inner elf” with plenty of large ensemble numbers featuring elves and (New Yorkers) of every type.
Production Team Expectations
- Attend meetings pre and during production (meetings will be held twice a month)
- Ability to work and/or collaborate with youth ages 4-18 in the cast, as well as fellow adult team members
- Enthusiasm for theatre, creative arts, and winter holidays
- Experience in desired roles is preferred, but not required
Production Roles Available
- Musical/Vocal Director
- Assistant Director (ideally will transition into Stage Manager, but may be separated if necessary)
- Costume Designer
- Hair Design (may be combined w/Make-up)
- Make-Up Design (can be combined w/Hair)
- Props Designer/Maker
- Set Designer
- Lighting Operator
- Sound Designer/Operator
All interested applicants should expect to be available for meetings and select rehearsals and performances between July 30-December 22, 2019. For more details about specific roles, email us an inquiry!
How to apply
- Please submit a cover letter and resume consisting of:
- Experience/Interest in specific production role
- Experience in working with youth ages 4-18
- Why you want to be that specific role and involved with the Elf JR production
- List any long-term schedule conflicts that should be known before hand (i.e. gone all of November, off-island September 2-22, etc)
All submissions must be emailed by clicking here.