We are excited to welcome you back to your Aloha Theatre! As with any other business, we are presently following State and County guidelines and abiding by restrictions. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, it is important that we enforce our current rules so that we may continue to welcome the public to our live events.
Here are a few things you will encounter on your next trip to the Aloha Theatre–
- Tickets must be reserved in advance, the Box Office will not be open prior to any performance for walk up sales.
- Patrons seated in rows A through H will enter through the south door
- Patrons seated in rows J through Q will enter through the main door
- Ushers will ask each patron questions regarding COVID symptoms and contacts to ascertain whether entry is permitted. We will not be taking temperatures.
- We are implementing contactless entry, please have your receipt or QR code available to scan. (We will be happy to help if needed–it’s a new system for all of us!)
- All patrons and volunteers are required to wear masks at all times, with the exception of actors.
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance from other patron groups.
- There will be no intermission and concessions will not be served.
- Once you have entered the building, you may indicate that you wish to use the restroom facilities. Ushers will direct you to the line.
- Please proceed directly to your seat, and remain there throughout the performance.
- Usher will guide all patrons to the exits by row. Please remain seated until the usher indicates it is your turn to exit.
Again, we appreciate your cooperation with these extra measures, as it helps us stay open to offer the arts to the community again. If you are unable to abide by any of our rules or procedures, we will gladly refund your ticket price in full. Ushers and the House Manager will be ready to assist as needed.
Please click here to request clarification of any of the information described on this page.