The Aloha Performing Arts Company is a non-profit organization located at the Aloha Theatre in Kainaliu. We are a community theatre company that produces live theatre and also manages the Aloha Theatre so others may perform for a live audience. We love the performing arts and are proud to be part of the arts community in West Hawaii. The Aloha Performing Arts Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate on the bases of age, race, creed, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
The Aloha Performing Arts Company is currently seeking an Education Coordinator (“EC”) to lead the theatre’s performing arts education efforts. While we have a successful program in place, the Board has outlined goals for expansion over the next 5 years that will require the leadership of a dedicated, organized and energetic individual. The EC will plan and develop courses and workshops, coordinate with partner agencies, recruit students and instructors, and teach as needed. The EC will work closely with staff and the Program Committee on planning, coordination, strategy, and grant writing. The initial time commitment will be 30 hours per week; it is expected that the successful candidate will contribute to expanded hours through increase in program revenue and grant income.
- Enthusiasm for performing arts education and the West Hawaii community
- Ability to instruct classes in the performing arts
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and observe instructors
- Available to substitute for all classes
- Knowledge, ability, and willingness to write grants
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to various audiences, including all ages and backgrounds
- Well-organized and able to manage time
- Independently motivated but able to collaborate with a team
- Bachelor’s degree or teaching certificate plus 3 years teaching experience; or, 5 years teaching experience. Performing arts fields preferred, but consideration will be given to individuals with degrees/certificates in other fields who have extensive performing arts experience
- Must have knowledge of West Hawaii community
- Must have previous theatre and/or performing arts experience
The Education Coordinator will be paid $20 per hour. After a probationary period, they will additionally qualify for health and dental insurance and paid vacation.
Interested parties should send a resume, professional writing sample, and sample curriculum by email to email@example.com. Inquiries regarding the position may also be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.